YOU NEVER SAID GOOD-BYE
You never said I'm leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why
A milion times I needed you,
A million times I cried
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died
In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place,
That no one could ever fill
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.
~Author Unknown~
AN ANGEL NEVER DIES
Don't let them say I wasn't born,
That something stopped my heart
I felt each tender squeeze you gave,
I've loved you from the start.
Although my body you can't hold,
It doesn't mean I'm gone,
This world was worthy, not of me,
God chose that I move on.
I know the pain that drowns your soul,
What you are forced to face.
You have my word, I'll fill your arms,
Someday we will embrace.
You'll hear that it was "meant to be,
God doesn't make mistakes,"
But that won't soften your worst blow,
Or make your heart not ache.
I'm watching over all you do,
Another child you'll bear,
Believe me when I say to you,
That I am always there.
There will come a time, I promise you,
When you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face and kiss my lips,
And then you'll understand.
Although I've never breathed your air,
Or gazed into your eyes
That doesn't mean I never "was"
An angel never dies
~Author unknown~
angels drift wistfully from my dreams
their gentle smiles holding secrets not meant for me
my hand rests lightly on my stomach
waiting for that tightning
waiting for that kick
emptiness falls upon me
endless sorrows that last into the night
tear stained pillows and desperate questions
why me?
what did i do?
i blame myself
i blame myself
and into the night the angel takes herself
that wistful smile that holds mysteries left unsaid
and into the night i cry in his arms
his calm strong arms...that soft whisper on his voice
telling me, it's not my fault
but i do, i blame myself
~Author unknown~
Unsung Angels
Life seems to be all around me
birds singing
the flight of the butterflys
Another new mommy passes me by
instinctivly
my hand falls onto my stomach
caressing my swollen womb
no life
no movement
slowly shrinking, though it was too early
for anyone but me to tell.
Blinking back the tears,
I hear the cry's of my unsung angels
I feel their tiny fingers holding on
The whisper of their breath
caressing my cheek.
Where are my babies now?
Where are my babies now....
That flutter of butterfly wings
so much like an angels breath
it seems that hummingbird cocked its head
and paused in midair
Has life stopped around me?
Is it even moving anymore?
As if in a daze,
I fall to my knees
and cry...
Come back to me child,
come back before it's too late
I'm always seeing spots
red and brown dazzle before my eyes
needles awaken inside of my stomach
and in my ear -
that meloncholy song
of my unsung angels calling to me
telling me that they're home.
~Author unknown~
No comments:
Post a Comment